Course Description: Chumash Bamidbar Part 2
Course Name: Chumash Bamidbar Part 2
Teacher: Rabbi Reuven Spolter
Text Studied: Sefer Bamidbar, Chapters 12-20
For Grades: 5-8
General Course Description:
Sefer Bamidbar chronicles the counting of the Jewish people, as they make the slow transition from a nation of slaves to an army capable of conquering the Holy Land.
This course covers:
- The punishment of the rabble-rousers
- Miriam’s lashon hara and punishment
- The meraglim, their sin and the punishment of the Jewish peole
- The mitzvah of tzitzit
- Korach’s uprising and punishment
- The well of Miriam and her death
- Moshe hits the rock
The student will learn the following during this text-based course:
- How to read and translate the text of the Torah
- How to divide up pesukim in order to better understand the chumash
- How to recognize and decode verbs in the chumash and identify shorashim (roots)
- Understanding selected comments of Rashi, Midrash and selected mefarshim
- How to identify key words (milah manchah) that repeat in the text and understand their importance
The student will learn the following Judaic knowledge:
- What caused the nation to believe the spies’ wicked report?
- What are the forces that lead to challenging of leadership?
- Lashon hara: About Moshe, about the Land of Israel: Why do we do it, and what’s so terrible about it?
- Why did Hashem prevent Moshe from entering Eretz Yisrael?
Number of lessons: 20
Sample Lesson: To view a sample lesson click here